Saturday, November 8, 2008

Chinese Vs. English

I was trying to put up a blog a day in Chinese metaphysics. Starting from the very basics which people would normally ignore cause it is too basic. However, most of them just really don't know how important this basics are, not to mention the linkage among different metaphysics through these basics. I do intend to move up the ladder and further introduce the application layer as what most of the networking guru would say.

On the other hand, I still want to keep the very basic Chinese characters for our foreign friends as I strongly believe that without which they will have difficult time to move along. Those Chinese characters are the 10 Heavenly Stems and 12 Earthly Branches, as well as the 8 trigrams. They are just simply 甲 Jia 乙 Yi 丙 Bing 丁 Ding 戊 Wu 己 Ji 庚 Geng 辛 Xin 壬 Ren 癸 Gui, and 子 Zi 丑 Chou 寅 Yin 卯 Mao 辰 Chen 巳 Si 午 Wu 未 Wei 申 Shen 酉 You 戌 Xu 亥 Hai, 乾 Qian 坤 Kun 艮 Gen 兌 Dui 坎 Kan 離 Li 震 Zhen 巽 Xun. You have to memorize these 30 Chinese characters if you are really intereted into Chinese metaphysics.

Some "masters" use some assuming-easy-to-learn symbols to represent these Chinese characters such as HS1 for 甲 and HS2 for 乙, or EB1 for 子 and EB2 for 丑, etc. But what for? We learned English by learning the 26 letters first before we can go further. It is a pre-requisite. So does these 30 characters in Chinese metaphysics.

I am working on an English version lecture note for my Tudi who is about to learn 奇門遁甲 "Qi Men Dun-Jia", so it would take me a while before I continue this blog. When I come back, I will be talking about how to read the fate for the coming year.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Yeay! Finally you could post something up after being so busy. Take it easy la Shifu. I always say this and I mean it.